Saturday, March 29, 2008

Test Flight 2

Thomas Edison tried and failed almost two thousand times to create a working filament for his light bulb. When he was asked about it, Edison said, "I didn't fail. I discovered two thousand ways how NOT to make a light bulb.
I needed to only find one way to make it work."

My first test of a small but high-powered rocket was a failure.

I will post a video pretty soon about my second test flight of my home designed and built rocket which I did this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zechariah,
Nice pre launch briefing, flight and post launch brief.
I wish I could have been there to see you "light the candle". You're getting very good practice in physics, chemistry, and aero and astrodynamics. Highschool and college will be a breeze.
I'm perplexed at why this launch was unbalanced when you had picture perfect ones last fall. I presume each vehicle is different and may require a few flights before the balance is right.
I'm looking forward to your next launch, hopefully live.
But this Youtube link is pretty neat also.
Keep up the great work and we all love your blog entrees.
Mr. O